Village of Cassopolis Police Department Openings: One Full-Time Police Officer & Two Part-Time Police Officers
View full Posting & Description:
Police Department Job Posting
The Village of Cassopolis is seeking qualified candidates for one full-time position and two part-time positions.
Cassopolis is a lakeside community of 1,700 residents located in the southwest corner of Michigan. Having recently undergone a sweeping transformation of the downtown area that included a new streetscape, beach, lakeside boardwalk as well as the addition of several small businesses, Cassopolis is an up-and-coming community.
Minimum requirements for the employment:
• Possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
• MCOLES licensed or completed an academy and be eligible for MCOLES certification
• Must be of good moral character and pass a background investigation
• Must be able to work weekends, nights, days and holidays as needed
Full Time Wages and Benefits:
• Starting Hourly Pay – $22.50; 1/1/2023 – $23.18; 1/1/2024 – $24.58; 1/1/2025 – $26.04; 1/1/2026 – $26.88. Starting wage of new hire may be increase dependent upon experience.
• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Health Insurance: Employer pays 100% of employee premium and 50% of premium for dependents
• Sick, Personal and Vacation leave
• Uniform and equipment provided including winter jacket, lightweight jacket, raincoat and bulletproof vest. Footwear reimbursed up to $150 per year.
• Defined Compensation 3% employee and 5% employer contribution. Optional 457 Retirement Plan with up to 5% employer match.
• Longevity Pay
• $50,000 life insurance policy
• 13 designated holidays. Officers working holidays are paid double time plus eight hours straight time. Officers not working holidays receive pay for eight hours of straight time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Enforce all Federal and State of Michigan Laws, as well as Village Ordinances
• Enforce traffic laws
• Make arrests
• Interview person/subjects
• Prepare police reports and citations
Questions should be directed to:
Chief Todd McMichael
121 N. Disbrow St.
Cassopolis MI 49031